Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are passionate about software and shipping high quality products to customers. As a QA Developer you will work with Software Developers, Product Managers and Designers to scope, design, implement, and test dynamic, experimental and emerging Hootsuite products. Success in this role requires scripting skills as well as an understanding of Quality Assurance principles and being an advocate for quality to the team.
You will test API 's, user interfaces, web services, mobile and/or web apps and write performance, load and stress tests. You will also apply proven analytical and problem solving skills to help validate processes through careful testing in order to enhance product quality. You will have demonstrated the technical aptitude towards learning new skills and tools throughout your career.
You’re Great At...
- Requirements analysis, test case identification, test script creation and execution, tracking of defects and reporting of results in a Lean Start-up Environment
- Load/performance testing and monitoring/assessing application/server logs
- Developing smoke and regression test scripts to test product functionality and integration with dependencies
- Creating and executing planning and testing to ensure that requirements are met and the product is viable and stable
- Acting as a quality advocate, guiding development through testing challenges including unit and integration testing
- Evaluating tools and technologies to improve the overall QA process
- Identifying and tracking software defects found during testing
- Working independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Experience in exercising and testing API's
- Experience with configuration and maintenance of a CI tool such as Jenkins
- Maintaining written scripts such as Selenium and NightwatchJS for web and Appium for mobile testing
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as git
- Understanding and managing the build & release process for Apple and Google Play stores
- Providing an escalation point for Customer Service representatives to connect into the development team
- Passion for social media and new ideas
- Drive to succeed in a fast pace and continuously evolving environment
- Love for ping pong