We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
***We will be reviewing all applications by November 2017 since the expected start date will be January 2018***
Hootsuite is currently seeking a Director, Software Development, to lead and grow our software team to build our next generation Social Engagement Platform. Successful candidates have a strong background in software engineering management and rich experiences of building products that their customers love. They will have a deep understanding of how to align development teams to iteratively deliver customer value while reducing technical debt and growing careers. Additionally, they will be able to collaborate with key internal stakeholder groups such as Product, Marketing, Sales and Partners, as well as external stakeholder groups such as Customers, Integration Partners and 3rd Party Developers to successfully turn ideas into working products
Who You Are...
As a Director, Software Development at Hootsuite, you will combine your technical problem-solving & experience with strong people management skills to lead software development teams responsible for a Hootsuite product area. Your focus will be on building a working environment that provides developers with autonomy, mastery and purpose, so they can organize themselves, make sound decisions and practice effective engineering.
You will help build the part of our organization that builds our products. Your technology background and experience as a software developer and leader enables you to continuously empower the teams you lead to improve their technology, processes, practices & the products they build.
You’re Great at…
- Leading and growing a large team of Software Developers
- Developing a clear technology vision, strategy, and objectives for your area of responsibility
- Coaching people and helping others see, reach and extend their potential
- Guiding career development for Developers
- Working with leaders from other departments (ex. Product, Operations, People) to provide technical input on product decisions and direction
- Communicating as much through listening as sharing the right information at the right time
- Focusing teams on results and sustainable productivity
- Expanding our development capacity through recruitment and onboarding
- Leading and facilitating effective agile practices
- Helping coordinate and prioritize activities for our initiatives
- Provide visibility and metrics for these practices
- ‘Working out loud’ within Hootsuite and the broader community
- Recognizing opportunities and championing change & process improvement to the benefit of the entire Development organization
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of people management experience in a software organization
- A track record of leading the implementation of agile methodologies
- Competencies associated with a post-secondary degree in computer science, business, or engineering