Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite is currently seeking a Director of Engineering - Platform, to lead and grow our software team to build our next generation Social Communication Platform to enable our customers, partners and 3rd party developers to build innovative social products on top of our core business. Successful candidates have a strong background in software engineering and rich experiences of building and scaling Enterprise level APIs and Integrations Platform. They will have a deep understanding of API & Partner Ecosystems, and able to collaborate with key internal stakeholder groups such as Product, Marketing, Sales and Partners, as well as external stakeholder groups such as Customers, Integration Partners and 3rd Party Developers to successfully turn ideas into customer value
Who You Are...
Directors of Software Development at Hootsuite combine technical problem-solving & experience with strong people management skills to lead the software development teams responsible for entire Hootsuite product or technology areas. Our focus is on building a working environment that provides developers with autonomy, mastery and purpose, so they can organize themselves, make sound decisions and practice effective engineering and learning.
Help build the part of our organization that builds our products. Your technology background and experience as a software developer and leader enables you to continuously empower the teams you lead to improve their technology, processes, practices & the products they build.
You’re Great at…
- Leading and growing a large team of Software Developers
- Developing a clear technology vision, strategy, and objectives for your area of responsibility
- Coaching people and helping others see, reach and extend their potential
- Guiding career development for Developers
- Working with leaders from other departments (ex. Product, Operations, People) to provide technical input on product decisions and direction
- Communicating as much through listening as sharing the right information at the right time
- Focusing teams on results and sustainable productivity
- Expanding our development capacity through recruitment and onboarding
- Leading and facilitating effective agile practices
- Helping coordinate and prioritize activities for our initiatives
- Provide visibility and metrics for these practices
- ‘Working out loud’ within Hootsuite and the broader community
- Recognizing opportunities and championing change & process improvement to the benefit of the entire Development organization
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 5+ years of people management experience in a software organization
- A track record of leading the implementation of agile methodologies
- Competencies associated with a post-secondary degree in computer science, business, or engineering