Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You’re great with numbers, creative, ambitious, hard-working, and have impeccable attention to detail. You’re a seasoned Web Analyst with extensive professional experience and your ready for a new challenge at a leading tech-based SaaS company.
You will be the newest member of our Business Insights & Analytics team. We help drive business growth and product innovation by translating numbers into actionable insights, identify business opportunities and support stakeholders to define and measure key performance metrics. You will partner with teams within Hootsuite to measure success and iterate -- all while isolating hidden correlations and calling out insights to grow our business.
We really care about simplifying problems and seamless execution so bonus points if you write like Hemingway, present like Jobs, and visualize data like Tufte.
- Building dashboards, reports and metrics to help teams measure and monitor Web performance
- Undertaking a complex analysis but in the end instilling the key insights in a simple model for the business stakeholders to understand and act upon
- Presenting data insights in a clear and concise manner through the use of visuals, slide decks, and in unconventional ways. #thinkdifferent
- Liaise with teams to help with tagging campaigns and identifying patterns with web traffic and behaviours to improve our tracking and reporting
- Creating SQL queries, specifically PostgreSQL
You’re Great At...
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive work experience in Web Analytics
- A guru in Google Analytics Premium, Adobe Analytics or similar
- Experience with advanced user segmentation using conditions and/or sequences
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent BI tools like Spotfire and QlikView to create fast, informative insights into data
- Proven experience supporting teams think through problems with data
- Ability to understand the nuances of web data sources and internal data sources and how they are similar but different when applied to solutions and reporting
- Collaborating with stakeholders to help them uncover business insights.
- A proven self starter with top notch presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail and agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Being flexible and able to context switch on a dime
- Juggling multiple projects and executing at the highest level
- Bringing tons of fun while geeking out on data
- Ability to leverage the power of R or Python in building reproducible and concise analysis. #dataninja
- Utilized Google Analytics API's for ETL and Reporting
- Familiar with Analytics Canvas
- We use GitHub to share projects and source control our work so if you know how to use a Git repo then you are ahead of the game!
- Statistics and experimental methodology (e.g. A/B testing).
- Previous web development experience
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience