Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You like to write your own playbook to make things happen. Supporting two members of the Executive Team, you will know that balance between the bird's eye view and the micro details can make or break a mission. Equipped with a keen instinct for sourcing what supports the team in achieving their goals and operating efficiently, your prioritization and common sense approach are unparalleled. Sense of humor and an ability to roll with the punches is how you approach every scenario...it’s the only way, right?
You will have at least two years experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven executive support position, ideally supporting multiple individuals. You will manage day to day activities, including preparation of documents, setting up meetings and overseeing full cycle travel requirements such as booking flights, hotels and any necessary transportation. You will prepare, format, and proofread confidential correspondence, briefing materials, speaking and presentation materials, and other external reports, along with verifying expenditures and managing procurement and logistics of the Executive team’s various department budgets and travel expenses.
You’re Great At...
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across many organizations
- Worked in a fast paced, always changing work environment
- Ability to plan detailed domestic and international travel
- Ability to handle a high volume of email, social and ever changing priorities
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Desire and aptitude for learning new concepts quickly
- Positive, proactive, very detail oriented and driven to succeed
- Ability to handle administrative details independently, while exercising good judgement in keeping team members adequately informed
- Providing support for external events coordination, as well as external project management (researching speaking, attendance, and sponsorship opportunities)
- Thinking critically about timelines and problem solving
- Managing own workflow to ensure quality and efficiency (ie: meet deadlines; be flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities)
- High level of proficiency with Google Calendar, Sheets, Docs, Slides & Powerpoint, FB@work
- Communicating and tracking milestones and events and making sure calendars/meetings are prioritized
- Familiarity with the tech industry and use of social media tools
- HR background or experience supporting an HR executive
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- An allergy to boredom and a need for speed