Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
At Hootsuite, the Travel Department plays an integral role in supporting our global operations and people in achieving their business objectives. We’re looking for an experienced Corporate Travel Program Manager to join our Vancouver flock and lead our Corporate Travel Program.
You will be responsible for managing Hootsuite’s global travel program including—but not limited to—air, hotel, rail, ground transportation, corporate travel security and insurance. This role includes vendor relationship management, establishing and operating traveler monitoring, compliance, and reporting activities; and most importantly delivering a superior travel experience for travelers.
If you are a passionate leader, thrive when working cross-functionally, and are an expert communicator this role would be a perfect fit. At Hootsuite, we are a people first organization extending to our customers both externally and internally. The successful candidate will form strong partnerships with business stakeholders across the organization instill commitment to our travel policy, identify operational improvements and successfully support our people in achieving business objectives.
- Developing strategic policies and programs for corporate travel.
- Ensuring compliance in all aspects of travel program and procedures.
- Managing vendor agreements and negotiating contracts/rates with travel service providers
- Maintaining daily relationship with the travel management company to ensure delivery of service level agreement expectations globally
- Delivering high-quality customer service to travelers and travel arrangers
- Monitoring and reporting on travel program compliance
- Managing Zendesk to ensure issues are identified and continuous improvement is initiated with the goal of increasing user satisfaction
- Interfacing regularly with travelers and travel arrangers and ensures relevant parties are trained on policies and processes
- Reconciling monthly travel charges
- Assisting with group travel bookings
- Providing travel training as needed
- Solving travel technical issues
- Building out travel industry benchmarks catered to Hootsuite’s business needs
- Supporting global, strategic sourcing related to travel, events and expensing
- Creating Egencia travel profiles and maintain changes as necessary
- Occasionally book travel
- Completing other duties as necessary
You’re Great At...
- Being a Corporate Travel Manager with proven experience (+4 years preferred and/or with previous global travel account management experience)
- Travel industry knowledge, including implementing cross-functional initiatives, setting goals, developing action plans, and owning the end-to-end processes
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills related to travel logistics
- Working efficiently, managing multiple priorities and meeting tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proactive engagement and a focus on continuous improvement
- Working as a team player while maintaining objectivity and impartiality
- Google products, Excel, Zendesk and Wrike
- Undergraduate degree in travel, business or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Egencia Canada, USA, UK, Singapore an asset
- Allergy to boredom and need for speed
- Excellent eye for detail
- Comfortable with constant iteration and change
- Able to work flexible hours to service global needs