Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You live for improving the performance of our website through effective and functional user experience design. You’re passionate about the whole design process, from technical architecture, customer journey mapping to A/B testing and UX best practices.
You work well in collaboration with business and creative teams to create user flows, wireframe-out ideas and turn them into effective experiences that drive business results. You are a subject matter expert in the field of UX design and you actively provide your expertise and support to make the customer experience the best it can be.
You have 5+ years experience as a UX designer or product designer role and are an exceptional communicator, collaborator, influencer and mentor with proven ability to lead teams.
*A portfolio featuring examples of UX design work and a link to your personal website or web portfolio must be included.
You’re Great At...
- Interaction design, UX & UI principles, information architecture, processes and best practices
- Initiating and leading projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple priorities
- Thoughtfully rationalizing your design decisions taking into account technical limitations, customer feedback, and market research
- Working with stakeholders and executives to elicit business requirements and key success metrics in order to translate those requirements into an effective and compelling user experience
- Communicating and working collaboratively with other team members
- Contributing to the strategy and implementation of a customer-centric experience design methodology, which may include: persona development, user and business goal analysis, workflow and information architecture documentation
- Staying self-motivated, and well-suited to design quickly, innovate and iterate
- Analyzing and conducting qualitative and quantitative research, including usability testing and gathering customer feedback in order to inform design decisions
- Actively drive the development of UX processes, deliverables and standards guides
- Comfortable with a range of projects, from vague and simple, to well-defined & complex
- Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and other wireframing/prototyping tools
- Familiarity with front end web technologies including HTML/CSS/JS/PHP
- MA or BA in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Human Factors, UI Design/Development or related degree or equivalent work experience
- Enterprise, SaaS or tech startup experience
- Familiarity with evolving or integrating UX into Agile or Scrum development processes
- Deep mobile-first experience
- Comfort with constant iteration and change
- Proven ability to be a strategic thinker and problem solver