Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are an experienced and strategic communications professional with a passion for driving things forward and building something bigger than yourself. You thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment and have a knack for thinking quick and strategically. Driving results keeps you motivated, and you are known for championing breakthrough ideas and initiatives.
As the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, you will lead a team responsible for the strategy and execution of a compelling communications program that supports Hootsuite’s aggressive business objectives. Working in collaboration with Hootsuite’s executive and marketing leadership team, your goal is to craft a cohesive narrative to help propel Hootsuite and grow its leadership position.
You have 15+ years of corporate communications, PR, external and internal communications experience in software, SaaS and/or social at both private and public companies. Additionally, you bring 10+ years communications leadership experience, with 5+ years agency experience.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to the executive leadership team, including financial communications tailored to a fast-growing, private company
- Develop annual strategic communications plan, determine resource requirements and lead team in execution. This plan includes:
- Public relations
- Industry analyst relations
- Executive communications
- Thought leadership
- Customer advocacy
- Lead the corporate communications team headquartered in Vancouver; provide global oversight, direction, content and corporate best practices for the regional teams
- Manage agency relationships, as an extension of the team, providing strategic direction and motivating them toward success
- Enable and train company spokespeople to deliver consistent and compelling messages
You’re Great At...
- Creating and using strong media and key influencer relationships to drive results
- Mastery of external communications with a fluency in social and the most current communications practices to create a differentiated brand
- Presenting to executive leaders, board members, C-level customers and a variety of internal and external audiences
- Building and executing media campaigns, crisis management plans, and advising C-suite leadership
- Managing agencies and contractors with scalable processes to drive and measure results
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial metrics and communications requirements relevant to a publicly-traded company, as well as IPO communications experience
- Expert writing and editing skills with the ability to write in a variety of styles and media, including business-to-business communications, speechwriting and other corporate communications
- Aligning key stakeholders to decisions, working collaboratively with partners and customers and getting desired stories told