We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
You are an unbelievably talented product marketer who loves to work collaboratively with broad business partners. You are passionate about software and technology solving complex business problems. You have worked with product platform teams, developer platforms, launches, and developer communities. You routinely express the benefits of open technology ecosystems with phrases like “multiplier effects”, “competitive advantage”, and “the whole is greater than the sum of its parts”. You may even be an ex-developer.
As a Platform Product Marketing Manager, you are responsible for the overarching strategy to bring Hootsuite’s developer products to market. You will partner with the platform, development, evangelism, partner, and marketing teams to define and execute go-to-market plans that drives measurable business outcomes.
You will own crafting of messaging and value propositions for the full spectrum of developers from the world’s largest and most influential brands to the smallest innovators working on exciting new ventures. You will work to attract and grow the developer community, to grow adoption of tools, APIs and technology integrations, and to drive meaningful business outcomes for our developers.
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to build a brand that developers love! You will be working on:
- Product positioning: Connecting market and technology trends with identity and security needs of developers to build product positioning and messages
- Value propositions: Construct a strong messaging hierarchy and clear value proposition that supports the overall value of Hootsuite’s platform technologies
- Go-to-market: Develop and execute go-to-market campaigns including product launches, briefing industry analysts and press, developing product collateral and sales tools and driving product launch plans.
- Content and tools: Develop effective web copy, datasheets, presentations, white papers, product guides, technical briefs and other tools for both technical and non-technical audiences that excites, inspires, and compels customer and developer adoption
- Adoption and growth: Partner with the platform and evangelism teams to improve the sign up and adoption of Hootsuite’s developer platform through compelling product guides, developer vision, and platform roadmaps
- Customer intelligence: Develop case studies in conjunction with the customer teams and help build a repository of customer references which can be used across marketing and sales activities
You're Great At...
- 5+ years of software, product or developer marketing experience for a SaaS, or web services company, bonus for targeting developers or technical buyers
- Focusing on priorities and driving measurable marketing activities
- Developing messaging for and marketing to developers
- Communicating and presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Finding data-driven insights to build go-to-market strategies
- Disambiguating and simplifying, and never stop pushing towards clarity
- Keeping yourself and others organized, handling multiple projects, and adhering to deadlines
- Coming up with out-of-the-box marketing initiatives that break through the noise clutter
- Prioritizing ruthlessly
- You’re a self-starter and comfortable in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and rapid-growth environment
- You have past personal experience as a developer
- You have experience launching products targeted at developer audiences
- You’re familiar with Hootsuite or any other Social Media Management Systems