We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
As a lead copywriter (guru track), you are a seasoned member of the content team with a wealth of experience writing for all facets of the organization, from eBooks to case studies to video scripts. Your copywriting skills are second-to-none, and you have a proven track record of creating new, inventive, and effective content across all channels.
You’re an agent of creative excellence. You know what it takes to generate good ideas: time, repetition, research, stepping outside of your comfort zone, and then doing it all over again. You push others to reach that level of excellence, looking for opportunities to elevate others with hands-on experience. You prefer coaching to criticism but know how to deliver it with tact and diplomacy. And you don’t shy away from difficult conversations with reports or stakeholders when they’re needed.
You have a solid foundation of industry experience, either for another technology company or working with digital agencies. You’ve got a degree in communications, English, creative writing, journalism, or equivalent. And you’ve got a portfolio that demonstrates outstanding creative thinking with ruthless self-editing and unwavering respect for strategy.
We work in the lightning-paced world of social media, and things move fast. You are future-facing: adept at assimilating new information, and turning it into messaging, processes, and practices that improve our brand’s image as well as help the others perform to their potential.
As a team, our mission is to help our customers and colleagues achieve success by providing effective content that is unique to Hootsuite at every touchpoint in the customer journey. Your part of that mission will be as one of Hootsuite’s team of brand guardian, and to champion the power of creativity in our brand to build an audience of engaged consumers and differentiate ourselves in the marketplace.
Responsibilities will include...
- Set the creative bar high and provide those around you with the guidance and support required to reach it
- Advocate for creative problem solving in channels and projects that aren’t typically creative
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders to tackle big business problems, and help them create briefs that lead to truly creative work
- Be a guardian for content quality and our Hootsuite tone of voice
- Identify junior team members with creative potential; inspire and push them to achieve creative excellence
- Lead creative projects and campaign brainstorms
- Provide constructive criticism to writers (and in some cases designers) on early-stage creative
- Review - and sign off on - conversion copy across advertising, email and brand campaigns
- Identify and resolve risks, issues, and conflicts within projects
- Act as a bridge between junior talent and senior-level creative management
- Share creative and conversion writing expertise to the global content team through training and workshops.
Conversion copywriting expertise:
- Deliver conversion copywriting for email, web, and advertising across a range of products, solutions and campaigns
- Work with channel teams to test creative, review and share results in order to optimise our output
- Provide expertise, education, and consultancy to creative stakeholders across the business
- Use your experience and expertise to help our team innovate in the creative space and identify new areas of opportunity across the business
As a senior member of the team, you’ll also have plenty of opportunity to work on high profile projects with experienced practitioners from across the business.
You’re Great At...
- Generating creative, on-brand, and on-strategy ideas for all channels
- Exceptional conversion writer with top notch copywriting, proofreading, and editing skills
- Finding fresh ways to present complex, B2B focused topics
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Clear understanding of SEO and UX research and best practices
- A combination of big picture thinking and attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically in a sales/business development context
- A finger on the social media and content marketing pulse
- Getting along with a close-knit team of sarcastic yet super supportive writers
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite
- Experience writing for a B2B technology audience
- Agency or journalistic experience
- Previous leadership and coaching experience