Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are:
You are an events marketer with 7+ years experience managing a variety of corporate events programs preferably in enterprise saas, marketing technology, advertising, or media industry. You have a proven track record for contributing to and executing strategies around individual events that support overall sales goals, marketing plans and key messaging, while driving KPIs - pipeline generation and acceleration and brand awareness - before, during and after the event. You have a marketing industry background that includes developing and producing events through solid positioning, messaging, event planning, contract negotiating, and cross-functional relations. For 5+ years you’ve worked with cross-functional teams or stakeholders. You are able to travel 25% of the time.
You’re Great At:
- Direct experience programming and/or producing various-sized events
- Thorough understanding of client-side marketing and the holistic role of events in the context of overall marketing strategy
- Agency or wider experience across key marketer audiences (agency, brand, direct response)
- Exceptional project management experience
- Ability to work across various levels of the organization while building trust and fostering collaboration
- Production experience from content programming to show management
- Solid experience managing complex projects and budgets
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines
- Ability to multitask and take the lead on several events simultaneously
- Familiarity with competitive event landscape
- Desire to consistently enhance events, bringing new ideas to the table – both strategic and executional
- Willingness to singularly manage all aspects of a program
- Excellent eye for detail
- Comfortable with constant iteration and change
- Collaborate with head of global events marketing to develop event strategies to align with overall Hootsuite strategy and branding with input from key internal stakeholders across different departments including sales, partners and marketing
- Evaluate and report on events programs success as part of overall business objectives. Share results with key stakeholders, identifying impact to business.
- Work with cross-functional teams and head of events to ensure positioning, messaging, goals, deliverables, and tactics are achieved before, during, and after each respective event
- Build events to deliver impact both at the messaging level as well as the customer level to ensure Hootsuite is positioned as the strongest social relationship platform in the world.
- Develop, uplevel and produce event programs specific to the Global Marketing team for conferences, tradeshows and Hootsuite corporate events that support sales team efforts
- Develop and review creative concepts for events and work with marketing teams to build and enhance programs
- Work with marketing and events partners including agencies, facilities, audio/visual, promotional merchandise, live stream/video, event tech, exhibit design and other event logistics partners
- Foster feedback loop with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness – define and refine event metrics as part of overall marketing effectiveness
- Manage project timelines
- Collaborate with global events marketing team to continually refine best practices and standards across Hootsuite, and then build on them for future event planning, execution and measurement
- Cultivate strong industry relationships with marketing partners and key vendors
- Work to incorporate more of Hootsuite’s platform into all event experiences
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce CRM software and Wrike project management software
- Passion for social media