We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who you are...
Reporting to the Senior Director, Growth Marketing, you’ll provide strategic leadership in creating global advocate and customer marketing programs that drive retention, loyalty, advocacy, growth and community participation, and extend the voice of Hootsuite on new and existing channels. You own and execute projects reaching various customer segments while meeting Hootsuite’s brand awareness, acquisition, and advocacy objectives.
You will be responsible for Hootsuite’s Customer Reference, Advocacy and Influencer programs within our customer base and the market at large. This role and its team are based at Global HQ in Vancouver.
You have 10+ yrs experience in marketing, advocacy, community building and influencer/customer program development, along with 5+ yrs experience leading a team using strengths-based coaching and development programs. You hold a bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent workplace experience
- Establish, communicate and maintain the vision for Customer Advocacy, Customer Reference and Influencer programs at Hootsuite
- Develop, communicate and oversee a global strategic plan for building Hootsuite's brand through our Influencer, Customer and Employee programs
- Cultivate talent and develop resources needed for organizational success, manage and provide leadership, mentoring, coaching and career development planning for team members
- Direct the Influencer Engagement, Advocate Marketing and Customer Reference teams to support sourcing, deployment and management of influencer, advocacy and reference assets and interactions, ensure that content and programming being executed is accurate, on-brand, and meets all engagement and success criteria
- Partner with marketing team members and internal stakeholders to develop communication/campaigns on the availability and strategic deployment of Customer Reference, Advocacy and Influencer Program assets to grow awareness for the Hootsuite brand and drive demand across all segments and geographies
- Drive innovative, creative thinking - testing and trying new and more effective sources, formats, calls to action, messaging, and content mix ratios to keep programs fresh, vibrant and world-class
- Develop a successful measurement and reporting process to demonstrate the value and impact of Customer Reference, Advocacy and Influencer Programs, measuring the impact of customer marketing activities on customer growth, retention and financial outcomes, and communicating these impacts within the organization
- Monitor evolving market conditions, and conduct periodic assessments of influencer and customer preferences, emerging technologies, social media metrics and relevant digital trends to identify critical gaps, developing a plan to address these where appropriate
- Identify more effective strategies for embedding Customer Reference, Advocacy and Influencer programs into other cross-functional areas including demand creation and customer lifecycle marketing
- Develop and oversee Hootsuite’s advocacy programs to build reciprocal relationships with key influencer and customer group leaders, including industry groups, power users (employees, brand ambassadors etc) and explore high-value partnerships, to increase renewals, referrals and cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Oversee the creation of Customer Reference, Advocacy and Influencer assets such as case studies, videos, and testimonials
- Management and hygiene of the Customer Reference, Advocacy and Influencer database including monitoring adherence to influencer and customer reference limits, site visits and contact updates, including management of influencer and customer contact process and frequency to prevent disjointed or too-frequent requests for participation
- Manage the customer reference repository to make outreach and maintenance more efficient
- Manage and champion Employee advocacy programs, including sourcing, curation and promotion of appropriate content, ensuring high adoption and program participation, and reporting on results #weareasocialcompany
- Oversee the development of a robust portfolio of strategic customer references that accelerate the sales cycle, increase market awareness, and drive customer retention, loyalty and advocacy
- Develop and manage team budgets for programs, delivering results against business goals and objectives
- Serve as thought leader for Customer Reference, Advocacy and Influencer Marketing Excellence, operating as internal and SME via writing and speaking engagements
You're great at...
- Implementing and executing a strategic roadmap with a customer-centric approach
- Communications skills, including excellent speaking, writing and editing abilities
- Effectively understanding data, analyzing results, drawing insights and conclusions, and recommending appropriate actions using fact-based decision-making
- Analytical skills to determine marketing effectiveness and ROI of customer and influencer engagement efforts
- Passion for experimentation with dedication to the innovate-iterate-improve cycle
- Using social networks to drive business objectives, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat etc
- Working in a customer-facing role (Field marketing, sales, customer support, customer service, customer success, account management)
- Change management experience, and a healthy sense of urgency
- Experience in Enterprise SaaS marketing
- Familiarity with B2B marketing, lead generation, and sales processes
- Hootsuite Academy certified or other social media training program
- Fluency, both oral and written, in multiple languages an asset