Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are…
Unicorns; the Tooth Fairy; Santa Claus: they're tough to find. We feel the same about you - but you DO exist. When we find you, we'll know it because you will come with the right combination of experience, talent and passion. You will know how to harness your personal passion and grit to elevate a remarkable global brand. Inspired by crafting stories that matter and designing emotive experiences, you will align and evangelize the creative vision for Hootsuite’s marketing team. It’s a big job that will require your years of design, brand and UX experience.
You will require equal parts diplomacy and decisiveness in order to continue to evolve Hootsuite’s brand identity in all its iterations. You should be able to talk business, strategy, design, content and video production. You will need to understand the business goals of our department and marry them with the brand at a deeper level. This could include pretty much anything about the brand: audience, demographics, properties, distribution, revenue, etc. We want you to shape the creative brain of the entire organization and weave in a creative conscience. Your influence extends well beyond the creative department. The result will be a consistent, distinct identity across materials, campaigns, and web properties. You’ll be working with and supported by a world class team of designers, writers and videographers.
Reporting into the Director of Brand, you have a degree in graphic design, art, communications or a related field. In addition, you have 5 to 10 years of experience in design, brand development and project management (generally preferred) and at least 8 years in a managerial role at an agency, design studio or media company focused on the digital space. You have a robust background with experience in a creative leadership role at a digital agency environment and have recognized expertise in one of the following: advertising, video, identity, or interactive design.
You’re Great at…
- Direct leadership and demonstrated results on digital initiatives for world-class clients
- Showcasing a strong portfolio of digitally focused work
- Management of creative and technical teams: from team building to mentoring to guiding large volumes of creative talent
- Creating impactful visual strategy and identity work
- Presentation and communication skills (both written and public speaking)
- Leading creative strategy for advertising campaigns
- Directing creative strategy for brand awareness as well as direct response campaigns
- Hosting creative strategy workshops with creative and media team members to develop creative assets
- Advocating for creative strategy across multiple platforms and content types, including but not limited to: display ads, Facebook ads, direct response landing pages and remarketing
- The fundamentals of interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process as well as new platforms and technologies
- Guiding and evolving the brand experience
- Defining the creative direction within a large organization
- Mentoring and developing creative talent
Born and bred in a digital world - understands the latest technological trends, ability to use metrics to shape strategy and the ability to craft unique online user experiences
Ability to harness the power of digital mediums to tell powerful stories
Understanding that the demands of a digital ecosystem - which requires real-time responsiveness and real-time content development