Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
At Hootsuite, we believe that every writer needs an editor. You already have oodles of industry experience, either with another technology company or in a busy publishing team. A degree in communications, English, creative writing, or journalism helps, but what really matters is the quality of your work.
You are comfortable working, critiquing (and negotiating) with a variety of writers, stakeholders and agencies to make sure the content we create is the best it can be. For you, the devil is always in the detail, and you have a proven track record of editing content for a variety of audiences and formats: from blog posts and film scripts to enterprise emails and infosheets.
Educating stakeholders comes naturally to you: whether it’s through informal feedback sessions or sharing industry knowledge. You also have an eagle eye for rogue design and copy, and are adept at handling “content mavericks”. You don’t shy away from difficult conversations with reports or stakeholders when they’re needed, but can balance constructive criticism with tact and diplomacy.
We’re also looking for someone with the technical skills to take the reins on our digital asset management system. Alongside your editorial responsibilities, you’ll be tasked with managing, reviewing and editing content stored in the DAM. As such, you have previous experience with content management and are confident working with metadata and taxonomies (or are willing to learn).
As a team, our mission is to help our customers and colleagues achieve success by providing effective content that is unique to Hootsuite at every touchpoint in the customer journey. Your part of that mission will be to help to define Hootsuite’s editorial positioning, and to champion content and our customers around the business.
What You'll Be Doing...
As part of our in-house content team at Hootsuite, your responsibilities will include:
- Review all content produced across the organization
- Provide feedback and constructive criticism to copywriters, agencies, and stakeholders
- Be the final word on all editorial decisions for the brand
- Support our brand manager as a guardian for content quality and our Hootsuite tone of voice
- Work with the content team to deliver tone of voice, style guides, and best practice guidelines for content across the business
- Be a champion for global content excellence, by supporting our brand and marketing teammates in APAC and EMEA
- Take ownership of our DAM–the single source of truth for content at Hootsuite
- Build and maintain a search taxonomy that helps stakeholders find the content they’re looking for
- Own and develop editorial processes
- Regularly audit and update existing content for relevancy and quality
As the only content editor on the team, you’ll have lots of room to learn and grow, and will have opportunities to collaborate with teams around the business.
You’re Great At...
- Exceptional editor with top notch substantive editing and proofreading skills
- Proficient with analytics packages such as GA
- Strong communication, diplomacy, and persuasion skills
- Comfortable defining and enforcing editorial workflow
- Experience of developing brand and editorial guidelines
- Experience of content management and working with Digital Asset Management systems
- An attention to detail second to none
- A finger on the social media and content marketing pulse
- Getting along with a close-knit team of sarcastic yet super supportive writers
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite
- Experience on projects with a B2B technology audience
- Journalistic or publishing experience
- Previous roles at enterprise-level organizations