Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are a first-year law student, hungry to learn about how our in-house legal team supports and partners with stakeholders to drive our business forward. You have a strong sense of curiosity, commitment to achieving team goals, integrity in all you do and love getting things done. You are business-minded, thrive in a dynamic environment and are motivated to always make things #morebetter.
As a Legal Summer Student, you will support our lawyers on a wide variety of matters as they arise, including:
- Developing and implementing a comprehensive contract management system
- Summarizing contracts
- Creating internal policies, procedures and recommendations
- Research projects
- Drafting legal documents
- Participating in meetings and calls with internal stakeholders
- Various other administrative tasks
You will have a front-row seat to see how an in-house legal team delivers practical legal advice to a diverse set of business clients. You will also gain hands-on experience in legal analysis, drafting and process management, and will be exposed to the legal complexities facing a constantly expanding global business.
You’re Great At...
- Going the extra mile to get the job done right (and having fun while doing so!)
- Paying close attention to detail, while also moving toward the bigger picture
- Being highly organized
- Getting things done and meeting deadlines
- Managing multiple projects with competing priorities
- Taking initiative and working independently
- Communicating in person and in writing
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Specific interest in technology law
- Background in contract management