Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are a brilliant operation-minded person who has a love for process, organization, getting things done and #allthingslegal. You love working with contracts, and perhaps with (fun) lawyers. More importantly you strive in a high-paced environment and are motivated by the vision to always make things #morebetter.
In your role as Legal Ops Specialist you will join the global legal commercial desk and help them triage the heavy workload that comes their way. Your day-to-day will consist of acting as our first point of contact within the legal team. You will act as our official Air Traffic Controller for the various requests that come into our department. You will also be instrumental in assisting in building legal processes at Hootsuite, and help manage scalability of our services as we continue on our global expansion.
We are looking for a unique person who can truly show their ability to work in a team environment, triage a heavy and varied workflow, set appropriate priorities and effectively manage various projects.
You have at least 3 years experience working either in a contract management, sales operations, procurement or in another operational role.
You’re Great At...
- Organizing, and managing multiple responsibilities and projects with competing priorities and deadlines
- Working and coordinating activities across a large number of individuals across various departments
- Taking initiative and working independently with minimal direction, and you love solving problems
- Getting things done, and getting them done on time
- Business awareness
- Communicating (in person and in writing)
- Seeing and proactively moving toward the bigger picture without sacrificing attention to detail
- Act as the primary contact between the various departments of Hootsuite and the legal team, ensuring that all legal and contractual matters are addressed efficiently and promptly
- Allocate the legal and contractual matters to the relevant members of the legal team
- Manage small legal and contractual matters with guidance from the members of Hootsuite Legal team
- Assist the legal team in the creation and storage of contracts
- Develop and implement contract management tools, workflow management tools, templates, methods and processes for the sales desk team
- Develop and maintain reporting allowing the legal team to report back to the business on various KPIs
- Act as the primary point of contact for our legal outsource vendors
- Support Hootsuite legal team in their implementation of new processes related to procurement
- Support the legal team on various other administrative tasks
- You have experience with contracts, or have been part of a larger corporate legal function
- You speak more than one language (preference for French, Spanish or German)
- You have a basic knowledge of GAAP including revenue recognition rules relating to Software as a Service
- You have experience with software sales or renewal processes