Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Hootsuite is seeking an IT System Administrator to join our global IT team, working in our Toronto office. This position will be the first IT employee in Toronto and as such the right candidate will need to be comfortable sometimes working alone. Even in a global setting, Hootsuite’s IT team is a strong collaborative environment; bringing together people with disparate yet complementary skills with the common goal of building a best in breed IT shop. We are an innovative, team oriented, and a fun pack of nerds.
- Be the frontline helpdesk technician for the Toronto office
- Work closely with our global helpdesk and Infrastructure teams to design and deploy an effective enterprise Mac infrastructure globally
- Building of Mac images and deployment packages
- Help manage and push to the desktop the SecurityOps approved security policies
- Collaborate on Mac networking challenges
- Work closely with global helpdesk team to identify thematic issues, resolve more difficult issues, and mentor junior staff
- Assist with automation of onboarding and offboarding processes
- Mac administration, and troubleshooting skills
- Customer support
- Solving challenging problems with patience
- Working knowledge and understanding of Google Apps
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Degree in IT/Computer Science or relevant field
- Interest in social media