Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are customer service focused payroll professional that understand that payroll is an important part of every employee’s experience with Hootsuite and you pride on assisting employees with an effortless payroll experience. Assisting with the payroll processing, from start to finish, and delivering a complete, accurate, on-time payroll processing is important to you. You love working in collaborative team environment, but can focus as an individual and get your work done! You like to work hard, laugh and do a good job.
Located at Hootsuite’s HQ and working with the Payroll Manager and the payroll team within the finance department, you will be responsible for assisting the payroll specialist in processing payroll for our North America employees.
- Support the Payroll Specialist with a semi-monthly payroll processing for North America payrolls
- Current Headcount; Canada 650 and US 30
- Operate as the first point of contact for employees regarding any payroll inquiries and effectively handle all issues in a confidential and timely manner.
- Assist with semi-monthly ROE processing within Workday and ROE Web
- Host the bi-weekly “Payroll Hours” for onboarding of new employees in the Vancouver office to assist employees with the payroll set up in Workday
- Audit new hire documents in Workday to confirm banking details, tax documents, work permits, personal information are filled out correctly for each new hire in North America
- Meet with new employees in a one on one meeting to assist with onboarding for payroll, when required
- Process employment verifications for North America in a timely manner
- Maintain and update North American payroll records in Workday
- Assist with the reconciliation of US and Canadian benefits invoices on a monthly basis; Sunlife, MSP and UHC
- Update and maintain administration of US and Canadian benefits amounts in Workday
- Assist with international administration, when needed
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
You’re Great At...
- Canadian Payroll Association PCP certification or working towards
- Knowledge of Canadian payroll processing cycle; some payroll processing experience, as asset
- Canadian benefits reconciliations and administration, required, US benefits reconciliations, an asset
- Strong MS Excel knowledge required and experience with Google Sheets, an asset
- Bachelor Degree, Diploma or equivalent experience
- Strong communications and presentation skills required
- Experience with OSV payroll processing a strong asset
- Experience with HRIS is an asset
- Quirky sense of humour
- Experience with Workday HRIS
- Experience with a global tech company