Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
Reporting to the Director, Finance, you play a key role in overseeing all external financial reporting and compliance matters.
You bring to the table best practices in financial reporting, compliance and technical accounting and take pride in ensuring Hootsuite’s financial statements and reporting are in accordance with accounting standards and regulations. You have a high level of integrity and are constantly striving to mitigate financial risk.
In your role, you will manage one senior analyst and will be instrumental in implementing financial reporting and control frameworks.
You have a Professional Accounting Designation (CPA) in good standing and a minimum 5-7 years of progressive accounting experience, including experience as an auditor for a public accounting firm. You are considered by peers and clients to be a subject-matter expert in technical accounting matters and have a proven ability to manage complex projects to successful completion.
You’re Great At...
- Preparing / reviewing quarterly and annual financial statements in compliance with US GAAP, including preparation of supporting schedules, drafting notes, MD&A and other narratives as required
- Preparing / reviewing the Company’s statement of cash flows, including all related supporting documentation
- Coordinating an effective and efficient monthly reporting process, including planning, communication of required inputs/strategy/timing, information gathering and preparation, and reviews/approvals
- Preparing and reviewing technical accounting memos on complex transactions including revenue recognition, preferred shares, and stock based compensation
- Leading the audit efforts and being the key point of contact for all audit relationships
- Monitoring developments in accounting and financial reporting, providing US GAAP interpretation and preparing technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
- Actively working towards establishing and enhancing formal processes for internal controls surrounding the external reporting process to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act (SOX) requirements
- Leading and continuing to develop the global reporting capabilities for a fast-paced, rapidly growing comp
- Experience in an SEC reporting role in a public company
- Netsuite experience
- Big 4 Audit experience preferred
- IPO experience an asset