Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to transform messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 7 nests around the globe, you will have 900+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth every day.
You’ll also have the flexibility to take your skills where you want. Leadership track? Guru track? Whichever path you choose, you’ll play an active role in shaping how it all unfolds.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You have a minimum 2 years business-to-business collections analyst experience who is passionate about achieving results. You are confident in making decisions with limited supervision within a developing policy framework and are comfortable backing up your decisions and not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. You have a demonstrated ability using sound judgement and have a customer-centric communication style that balances the needs of the business with the experience of the customer. Reporting to the AR Manager, you will be heavily focused on collections from our rapidly growing portfolio of customers in the U.S. and Canada, and may include global accounts from time to time.
You will follow our company collections process, including reaching out to customers by email and phone and engaging internal Customer Success Managers when necessary to resolve payment and billing issues. You will use your knowledge and skills to achieve targets with a limited need to escalate accounts and identify and escalate ‘at risk’ accounts according to established policy and process.
You're Great At...
- Business-to-business collections experience within U.S. and Canada
- Software company experience
- Achieving collections targets and reducing bad debt while maintaining a customer-centric approach
- Working in a hyper-growth environment and excited about change
- Understanding Canadian GST/PST and U.S. sales taxes as they relate to billing and collections
- Dealing with 3rd party collections and with Canadian and U.S. bankruptcy laws and regulations
- Dealing with recurring billing schedules, subscription billing, professional services billing, adjustments and complex account reconciliations
- Merchant card processing
- SaaS ERP system experience
- Basic accounting knowledge (i.e. understands the basics of the Balance Sheet and Income Statement, debits/credits and revenue recognition principles)
- Global collections experience
- Experience collecting under a Channel model
- Public company experience
- Prior experience with collections forecasting
- Experience with NetSuite
- Intermediate Excel skills (advanced formulas, presenting data using charts, analyzing data using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts)