We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
At Hootsuite, you'll work with a team of talented and passionate security personnel to build and ship industry-leading security initiatives and projects. You'll get plenty of opportunities to learn, collaborate with other amazing teams, and play an active role in shaping our culture.
Your mission will be to help ensure the security of Hootsuite’s data and environment, along with building the integration of security into the fabric of our Company. We value autonomy, curiosity, and entrepreneurialism. We want teammates who challenge us, ask hard questions, and drive continuous improvement.
Hootsuite is looking for an exceptional Security Analyst at our HQ in Vancouver, British Columbia. You will tackle technical problems, and help to ensure we have a reliable and secure global network infrastructure, web application, and processes.
Want to know what we’re working on? Visit our blog at code.hootsuite.com
Who You Are...
- A team player who loves working with developers and analysts across different teams
- Agile, flexible and understanding, especially when handling incidents
- Detail oriented, especially in reviewing codes and procedures to improve effectiveness
- Passionate about all-things-security, include mentoring junior members
- Enjoy participating in community groups or initiatives
What You Have ...
- Familiarity of various industry security tools (eg. Burp Suite Pro, Kali Linux, Suricata, Nessus, Checkmarx)
- Working knowledge of Python or Golang.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Bash)
- Experience working with Unix / Linux based operating systems
- Experience in researching, assessing and integrating with new technology, tooling or infrastructure to keep up with the rapid pace of change
- Have security-related certifications (eg. CISSP, CCNA/CCNP, OSCP)
- Familiarity with AWS/VPC or similar cloud/virtual based environment
- Familiarity with software development tools (e.g. Github, Jenkins, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Some experience in deploying VPN solutions, load balancers, network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Some experience with access controls and authentication mechanisms, audit, logging and monitoring
- Some experience in penetration testing and vulnerability assessment