Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You’re a driven self-starter, with an excellent knowledge of the customer support and contact center management industry, having spent at least 8 years building your career in a comparable technology company. You’re an excellent team player with proven experience in leading a diverse International team. You genuinely care about the success of your team, which coupled with your strong leadership allows you to motivate, develop, empower, and energize those with whom you work, teaching others the skills they need to effectively deliver on their goals and grow their careers. You have no problems challenging the status quo, and actively seek to improve efficiencies, optimize budget spend, lower costs and drive revenue. #unicorn
You’re the go-to person responsible for the day-to-day supervision and implementation of contact center strategies and operations at Hootsuite; improving systems and processes; and managing the extended workforce. You’re great at process creation and streamlining workflows to reduce AHT and ticket touches, balanced with flexibility to ensure that Hootsuite customers receive the best possible customer experience, across all contact channels and locations. You are responsible for monthly planning of expected contact volumes by channel, and resourcing your business to ensure optimal coverage of service level agreements, to meet/exceed CSAT targets, as well as managing the resulting required spend to target/budget. You also lead the development and implementation of key initiatives to extend coverage in chat, improve phone adoption and enable cross-sell and upsell programs ensuring these are implemented seamlessly across the global organization through both in-house and outsourced teams.
As the Director of Customer Support, you will be responsible for the launch, maintenance and continuous improvement of all of Hootsuite’s Customer Support operations initiatives around the world. Leveraging your leadership, project management and analytical skills, you will manage a team of multi-skilled team members to drive value and efficiencies for the global Customer Support teams.
This role is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years as a Senior Manager at Hootsuite or a related industry; 8+ year externally working in a call center workforce management environment servicing multiple SLAs and varying KPIs (5 - 7 years of leadership experience),
- At least 5 years of Telephony configuration/routing/skilling experience
- Experience with standard call center applications and systems, including IVR, ACD and WFM.
- Strong understanding of workforce management concepts, including staffing, scheduling and attendance administration.
- Customer support experience, preferably in a SaaS organization
- Excellent knowledge of customer service tools and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to project manage international and cross-functional projects
- Must possess very strong problem solving and resolution experience.
- Must have experience in project and resources management, PMP preferred.
- Strong report writing, presentation and data analysis skills
- Ability to execute strategies and programs consistently and flawlessly on a worldwide basis.
- Proven results leading distributed teams from multiple geographies and disciplines.
- Develop and implement 2 year customer support strategic plan
- Leading and developing the global customer support team at Hootsuite
- Developing and maintaining the Support team culture of high performance and accountability with a lot of levity
- Train, develop and empower your team to cross and upsell customers to maximize Hootsuite’s revenue opportunity
- Workforce planning and management, establishing real-time monitoring and routing practices along with communication channels in the operations centers to ensure dynamic management of service levels
- Intraday analysis and monitoring of individual advocates and routing allocations across all channels to drive needed change based on all available information. Examples include; service levels, ASA, occupancy, AHT, contacts, staffing, etc.
- Monitor Workforce Management Intraday to see actual results as the day progresses and reforecast service level, ASA, and occupancy as schedules and forecasts change
- Work with your regional managers to create schedules based on interval staffing needs and ensure advocate adherence.
- Consistently refine the model to account for changes in business dynamics, call drivers, marketing volumes, technology, customer preference changes, etc.
- Provide thought leadership for “self-service” options, new contact channels and other relevant projects impacting the operations center/s, with a focus on helping customers to self-serve as much as possible
- Motivate your team to drive value add, increase ticket deflection and find efficiencies for customer advocates across the globe
- Maintain and improve customer support operations by identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Meets call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Management of Hootsuite’s offshore support team
- Forecast and manage the annual Customer Support team software budget
- Oversee the forecasting and management of global headcount Evaluate, Scope, Propose, Implement and manage technology to power all or a combination of the channels of support we offer our users
You’re Great At...
- Managing global customer support teams (both inhouse and outsourced), analyzing advocate performance to increase productivity and minimize downtime with no negative impact on customer satisfaction
- Creating/maintaining a culture of high performance and accountability
- Customer support channel optimization and workforce management to ensure an excellent customer experience
- Annual support operations planning, including monthly headcount, software and travel and other expenditures
- Monthly forecasting of contact volume, optimization of resources to ensure budget management to plan
- Improving workflows, and delivering operational efficiencies that decrease cost and increase advocate productivity
- Managing customer support team tools, software and systems, including building business plans with clear ROI for new expenditure requests
- Comfort with constant iteration and change
- Proven ability to be a strategic thinker and problem solver
- Excellent ability to work cross-functionally on large projects, with input from multiple stakeholders
- Strong Presentation skills, particularly to senior executives
- Project Management certification (PMP, 6 sigma or other)