Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
You are a dynamic and passionate Senior Social Media Training Strategist who will create and deliver social media education and training to Hootsuite customers in-person and through webinars.
In this role you will be focused on:
1) Working with internal teams and resources to create and update social media education content for live and on-demand solutions.
2) Delivering live-person webinars and on-site training and workshops covering a broad range of social strategy topics.
3) Working with customers to ensure education requirements are met at delivery, and facilitating follow-up surveys for continuous improvement of the education programs.
4) Identifying trends and opportunities to advance the education program with new course material and workshops.
You will be expected to collaborate across the Customer Success team and cross-functionally within the organization. You will be a highly organized, detail-oriented problem solver. You will possess charisma and confidence presenting in front of large groups and the ability to think on your feet.
You have a Bcahelor's degree plus 7 years of demonstrable success in building strong social media programs or managing digital at an enterprise or SMB and are as passionate about social media as you are about ensuring our clients are provided an outstanding customer experience.
You report to the Director, Training and Education.
- Creating course material including lesson plans, presentations and workshop materials.
- Researching and gathering content to be used for training or as peripheral course content.
- Work with internal teams to ensure content is on brand, is relevant and up-to-date with product marketing objectives and messaging.
- Updating content as the industry changes, trends arise and new research is available.
- Work with customers prior to training on logistics, requirements and audience identification.
- Post session gather insights from survey data to improve delivery and content.
- Deliver strategic education sessions to groups via online webinar. Lead content, manage time and respond to questions asked by attendees.
- Work with product training as necessary to weave product training into course sessions.
- Deliver and lead customer on-sites and workshops on a variety of social strategy topics. Ensure content is relevant, and respond to questions asked by audience.
- Make recommendations for new courses and workshops based on customer feedback and cross functional requests.
- Be able and prepared to answer customer questions and provide consultative responses around social strategy.
- Take active role in creating customer proposals for education.
- Travel to customers facilities to provide training and strategy workshops.
- Be an advocate and evangelist for Hootsuite and social media education!
You’re Great At...
- Managing social media or online communities for B2B or B2C brands
- Communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively to peers and clients
- Displaying a high degree of industry expertise and you follow new and emerging trends
- Conducting and/or leading research in new areas adjacent to own area of knowledge
- Creating content for the purpose of influencing and educating
- Presentation skills and a comfort in responding to questions in group setting
- Problem solving skills