Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our mission to empower organizations to turn messages into meaningful relationships.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, London, Singapore or any of our 8 nests around the globe, you will have 800+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
Strategic growth is critical to Hootsuite’s future. Whether launching innovative new partnerships, acquiring an upstart in our space, or partnering with Facebook to bring something new to market, bold strategic moves are vital to winning in our quickly evolving environment.
Hootsuite Platform and Corporate & Business Development together play an important role in enabling us to grow faster. As the Sr. Business & Corporate Development Manager, you will work collaboratively across functions to drive immediate and substantial impact to Hootsuite through a pipeline of strategic initiatives and the business opportunities of tomorrow. Reporting to the Senior Director, Business and Corporate Development, you will source, evaluate, negotiate, and execute M&A and strategic partnership opportunities and business initiatives. With your strong business acumen and extensive industry knowledge, you will dive deep into analysis and provide the management team with the needed insight for intelligent and sound decision-making. When things are humming, you will leverage your additional capacity to take on special projects & initiatives.
As Hootsuite Business and Corporate Development Manager you are well versed in SaaS business, the integration of social throughout an organization and have a proven track record of building and implementing complex relationships.
You are passionate about new technology and how it can enhance existing services as well and complete alter the way business and communication is managed.
You will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and negotiating partnerships and acquisitions that will enable Hootsuite to expand the social relationship platform as well as enhance the opportunity to work with partners.
You have a strong understanding of SaaS technologies, B2B partnerships, software referrals and reselling agreements and have previous experience in a Business Development or Corporate Development Role. You are in tune with the key players of our industry and have a passion for social media and the broader marketing technology space. Through grit and humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
You’re Great At...
- Identifying, evaluating, valuing, and pursuing acquisition and strategic investment opportunities that help accelerate the growth of Hootsuite’s business
- Assisting in agreement negotiations, due diligence, execution, and post-acquisition integration
- Coordinating cross-functional teams in the evaluation of technical employees, technology solutions and other product diligence
- Envisioning and designing acquisition strategy maps with a thorough analysis on the assessed costs, potential revenue, and other benefits that help Hootsuite reach both its short and long-term objectives
- Leveraging CRM and other partner/pipeline management tools to develop and maintain a robust pipeline of partnership & M&A targets
- Identifying and educating other executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments
- Developing frameworks that support the prioritization of corporate strategic initiatives
- Working with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc) to grow and develop the Hootsuite ecosystem
- Supporting the analysis and development of a partner/M&A roadmap informed by a deep understanding of company strategy and build/buy/partner tradeoffs
- Influencing management team decisions and gain buy-in from key stakeholders using clear, persuasive, and impactful presentations
- Building trusted relationships at all levels in the organization in order to build thoughtful recommendations for sales and marketing strategies
- Collaborating effectively with Hootsuite product and engineering teams
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Business
- 3-5 years experience in a mix of venture capital, consulting, investment banking or corporate or business development roles
- Highly competent with excellent executive presence and the ability to communicate effectively and engage with both technical leadership and business executives
- Proven ability to identify and negotiate strategic deals with a knack for consensus building
- Solid understanding of SaaS metrics and freemium model
- Sound business judgment with the ability to “think big picture” and navigate potential opportunities with thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Strong project management skills, including ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically according to business objectives
- Exceptional presentation and deck building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and operate within cross-functional teams across all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment
- High capacity for change
- Strong understanding of how to analyze companies as both M&A and BD targets
- Ability to model partnerships and M&A opportunities to understand short term and long term value
- Proven track record of identifying acquisitions and partnership opportunities and managing the process from sourcing through implementation and launch
- Past experience working with Partner and Channel Organization
- Passion for #Social
*All applicants require a valid Canadian work permit and must be located in Vancouver or willing to relocate*