Hootsuite is more than a social media company. We’re more than a tech company. We’re a collective of creators and makers, builders and hackers, teachers and students.
We believe deeply that social media is revolutionizing how we communicate – and we’re driven by our purpose to champion the power of human connection.
We believe that culture is the compass to success and so our culture manifesto is woven into the fabric of all we do. We seek exceptional talent that believes joining a passionate, egoless team that is building something bigger than themselves, and having fun doing it, matters.
We know you have a lot of choices on where to take your career next. Whether you’re based in Vancouver, Toronto, London, Bucharest, Singapore or any of our 12 nests around the globe, you will have 1,000+ #HootsuiteLife peeps who will have your back to support your growth everyday.
Here’s where it might start…
Who You Are...
Strategic growth is critical to Hootsuite’s future. Whether launching innovative new partnerships in our ecosystem, acquiring a start up in our space, or partnering with Facebook to bring something new to market, bold strategic moves are vital to winning in our quickly evolving environment.
The Corporate Development team is responsible for enabling this exponential growth through partnerships & acquisitions. In a fast growing company & rapidly changing market, keeping everyone and everything in sync is a challenge. Reporting to the Corporate Strategy & Operations Manager, your job is to democratize the data that teams need to make business decisions and to enable the tools & technologies they need to function without a hitch. You will drive business growth and innovation by translating data into actionable insights and by enabling our teams to interact with the systems & data they need everyday.
You are data-loving, creative, and hard-working. You have excellent communication skills and impeccable attention to detail. You’re a seasoned analyst with excellent professional experience (4+ years) and you’re ready for a new challenge at a leading tech-based SaaS company.
You are smart & operationally-focused with a limitless capacity for change. You see opportunity in ambiguity and want to bring order to everything you touch. You love the moment of uncovering the insight in the dataset. You enjoy building beautiful and compelling presentations as a means to communicate complex ideas and plans, simply. When things are humming, you will leverage your additional capacity to take on special projects & initiatives. You will perform analysis and translate numbers into actionable insights, develop a plan, engage stakeholders, get buy-in and manage execution.
We work hard and we like to have fun, so extra bonus points if you excel at high-fiving, like to laugh, and enjoy being around smart, passionate, funny people.
- Helping business units think through problems with data and make data-driven decisions while connecting to the bigger picture
- Presenting data insights in a clear and concise manner (you can connect partners to the market to the product to the data in a fun way)
- Be the poweruser, evangelist, and guru of our Partner Relationship Manager (Salesforce) and other partner/pipeline management tools to support a robust pipeline of partnership & M&A targets
- Building reporting dashboards and metrics and master data collection, preparation, and cleansing to help business units measure success
- Focusing relentlessly on the systems, processes, and infrastructure required to keep our data accurate and our team operating at maximum capacity
- Conducting business and market research through robust analytical and statistical analysis to understand developing trends
- Take a complex analysis and instill the key insights in a simple model for the business stakeholders to understand and act upon
You’re Great At...
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Business, Economics, Computer Science
- 4+ years of professional work experience in data and analytics, consulting, finance, and/or other relevant fields
- Having strong proficiency in Excel and experience working with Salesforce or other CRM
- Sound business judgment with the ability to “think big picture” and navigate potential opportunities with thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Strong presentation and deck building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and operate within cross-functional teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment
- High capacity for change
- Juggling multiple projects and delivering excellent work
- Collaborating with stakeholders and helping them uncover insights into their initiatives
- Mastering the technologies & systems needed to keep a team humming
- Being a proven self-starter with top notch presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrating attention to detail and agility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Having fun and geeking out on data!
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent BI tools like Spotfire, etc
- Experience in G Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- SaaS or tech startup experience