We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
You’re great with numbers, creative, ambitious, hard-working, and have impeccable attention to detail. You’re a seasoned analyst with excellent professional experience and your ready for a new challenge at a leading tech-based SaaS company.
You will be the newest member of our Business Insights & Analytics team. We help drive business growth and product innovation by translating numbers into actionable insights, defining success metrics and benchmarks. You will partner with teams within Hootsuite to measure success and iterate -- all while isolating hidden correlations and calling out new insights to grow our business.
We care about simplifying problems and seamless execution so bonus points if you write like Hemingway, present like Jobs, and visualize data like Tufte.
- Proven and progressive experience helping teams think through problems with data.
- Presenting data and insights in a clear and concise manner through the use of visuals, slide decks, and in unconventional ways. #thinkdifferent
- Undertaking complex analysis but in the end instilling key insights in a simple model for business stakeholders to understand and act upon.
- Building dashboards, reports and metrics to help teams measure and monitor success
- Ability to leverage the power of R or Python in building reproducible and concise analysis. #dataninja
- Creating SQL queries, specifically PostgreSQL
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent BI tools like Spotfire and QlikView to create fast, informative insights into data.
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive work experience in data and analytics.
You’re Great At...
- Collaborating with stakeholders and helping them uncover insights into their initiatives.
- A proven self starter with top notch presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail and agility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Being flexible and able to context switch on a dime.
- Juggling multiple projects and executing at the highest level.
- You like to have fun and geek out on data!
- Knowledge in data preparation, collection, and cleansing (ETL) process.
- We use GitHub to share projects and source control our work so if you know how to use a Git repo then you are ahead of the game!
- Statistics and experimental methodology (e.g. A/B testing).
- Knowledge or experience with Google Analytics.
- Previous SaaS or tech startup experience