We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
Strategic growth is critical to Hootsuite’s future. Whether launching innovative new partnerships, acquiring an upstart in our space, or partnering with Facebook to bring something new to market, bold strategic moves are vital to winning in our quickly evolving environment.
The Hootsuite Platform and Corporate & Business Development together play an important role in enabling us to grow faster. As the Corporate & Business Development Manager, you will work collaboratively across functions to drive immediate and substantial impact to Hootsuite through a pipeline of strategic initiatives and the business opportunities of tomorrow. You understand how social is integrated throughout an organisation and will have had a track record of building and implementing complex relationships.You are passionate about new technology and how it can enhance existing services as well as completely altering the way business and communication is managed.
You will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and negotiating partnerships and acquisitions that will enable Hootsuite to expand the social relationship platform as well as enhancing the opportunity to work with partners.
You have a strong understanding of SaaS technologies, B2B partnerships, software referrals and reselling agreements and have previous experience in a Business Development or Corporate Development Role. You are in tune with the key players of our industry and have a passion for social media and the broader marketing technology space. Through grit and humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
- Identifying, evaluating, valuing, and pursuing acquisition and strategic investment opportunities that help accelerate the growth of Hootsuite’s business
- Assisting in agreement negotiations, due diligence, execution, and post-acquisition integration
- Coordinating cross-functional teams in the evaluation of technical employees, technology solutions and other product diligence
- Envisioning and designing acquisition strategy maps with a thorough analysis on the assessed costs, potential revenue, and other benefits that help Hootsuite reach both its short and long-term objectives
- Leveraging CRM and other partner/pipeline management tools to develop and maintain a robust pipeline of partnership & M&A targets
- Identifying and educating other executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential investments
- Developing frameworks that support the prioritisation of corporate strategic initiatives
- Working with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc) to grow and develop the Hootsuite ecosystem
- Supporting the analysis and development of a partner/M&A roadmap informed by a deep understanding of company strategy and build/buy/partner tradeoffs
- Influencing management team decisions and gain buy-in from key stakeholders using clear, persuasive, and impactful presentations
- Building trusted relationships at all levels in the organisation to build thoughtful recommendations for sales and marketing strategies
- Collaborating effectively with Hootsuite product and engineering teams
You’re Great At…
- Understanding how to analyse companies for partnerships
- Modelling partner opportunities to understand short and long term value
- Identifying acquisitions and partnership opportunities and managing the process from sourcing through to implementation and launch
- Successfully taking products, integrations and partnerships to market through marketing and sales enablement
- Working with the Partner and Channel Organisation
- You will have demonstrable experience in a mix of venture capital, consulting, investment banking, corporate or business development roles
- Highly competent with excellent executive presence and the ability to communicate effectively and engage with both technical leadership and business executives
- Proven ability to identify and negotiate strategic deals with a knack for consensus building
- Solid understanding of SaaS metrics and the freemium model
- Sound business judgment with the ability to “think big picture” and navigate potential opportunities with thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Strong project management skills, including ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritise dynamically in response to business objectives
- Exceptional presentation and deck building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and operate within cross-functional teams across all levels of an organisation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment
- High capacity for change
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Business
- Fluent in a European language