We champion the power of human connection. We’re united by our shared values of grit, humility, building a better way, and passion for customer success.
Each day millions of people use Hootsuite to connect, share, and build authentic relationships. Knowing we play a role in facilitating those connections drives us. From Vancouver to London to Singapore—and across our 15 global office locations—our team of 1,000+ work purposefully to solve problems, build innovative solutions, and deliver results.
A role at Hootsuite will accelerate your career. Whether you take on a stretch assignment, take on new challenges, or follow a guru path to subject matter mastery—you will learn, grow, and make an impact.
Who You Are...
Strategic growth is critical to Hootsuite’s future. Whether launching innovative new partnerships, acquiring an upstart in our space, or partnering with Facebook to bring something new to market, bold strategic moves are vital to winning in our quickly evolving environment.
Hootsuite Platform and Corporate & Business Development together play an important role in enabling us to grow faster. As the Corporate & Business Development Strategist, you will work collaboratively across functions to support immediate and substantial impact to Hootsuite through a pipeline of strategic initiatives and the business opportunities of tomorrow. Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate and Business Development, you will support the execution of M&A and strategic partnership opportunities and business initiatives. With your business acumen and industry knowledge, you will provide the management team with the needed insight for intelligent and sound decision-making. When things are humming, you will leverage your additional capacity to take on special projects & initiatives.
As the Corporate & Business Development Strategist, you are well versed in SaaS business, the integration of social throughout an organization and are passionate about building and implementing complex relationships.
You are passionate about new technology and how it can enhance existing services as well and complete alter the way business and communication is managed. You will be responsible for sourcing, evaluating and supporting the negotiation of partnerships and acquisitions that will enable Hootsuite to expand the social relationship platform as well as enhance the opportunity to work with partners.
You have an understanding of SaaS technologies, B2B partnerships, software referrals and reselling agreements and have previous experience in a Business Development, Sales, or Corporate Development Role. You are in tune with the key players of our industry and have a passion for social media and the broader marketing technology space. Through grit and humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
You’re Great At...
- Identifying, evaluating, valuing, and pursuing acquisition and strategic investment opportunities that help accelerate the growth of Hootsuite’s business
- Assisting in agreement negotiations, due diligence, execution, and post-acquisition integration
- Coordinating cross-functional teams in the evaluation of technical employees, technology solutions and other product diligence
- Envisioning and designing acquisition strategy maps with a thorough analysis on the assessed costs, potential revenue, and other benefits that help Hootsuite reach both its short and long-term objectives
- Identifying and educating leaders on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommending high-potential investments
- Developing frameworks that support the prioritization of corporate strategic initiatives
- Working with cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering, Marketing, etc) to grow and support the Hootsuite ecosystem
- Supporting the analysis and development of a partner/M&A roadmap informed by a deep understanding of company strategy and build/buy/partner tradeoffs
- Influencing decisions and gaining buy-in from key stakeholders using clear, persuasive, and impactful presentations
- Building trusted relationships at all levels in the organization in order to build thoughtful recommendations for sales and marketing strategies
- Collaborating effectively with Hootsuite product and engineering teams
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Business and 5+ years in a mix of venture capital, consulting, investment banking or corporate or business development roles
- A solid understanding of how to analyze companies for either partnerships (BD) or M&A
- Ability to model partnerships and M&A opportunities to understand short term and long term value
- Experience identifying acquisitions and partnership opportunities and managing the process from sourcing through implementation and launch
- Past experience working with Partner and Channel Organization
- You are highly competent with excellent stakeholder presence and the ability to communicate effectively and engage with both technical leadership and business unit managers
- Ability to identify and support the negotiations of strategic deals and can help align stakeholders
- Sound business judgment with the ability to “think big picture” and navigate potential opportunities with thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- Strong project management skills, including ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize dynamically according to business objectives
- Exceptional presentation and deck building skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and operate within cross-functional teams across all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid, and collaborative environment
- High capacity for change
- Passion for #Social
*All applicants require a valid Canadian work permit and must be located in Vancouver or willing to relocate*